How much is $1 US in Brazil?
The US dollar could be exchanged for R$ 5.06 at 09:14 am (Brasilia time), or 0.479% more than on Friday.
The greenback had closed last week at R$ 5.03, appreciating by 0.02%. Its highest value on Friday was R$ 5.03, and its lowest was R$ 4.99.
Is Brazil a cheap country to visit?
The Brazilian real has appreciated 4.32% against the dollar in the year to date. The highest value was recorded on January 3 when the dollar reached R$ 5.46. The lowest was R$ 4.73 on July 31. The average exchange rate during this period was R$ 5.01.
The Brazilian currency ranks 3 in a basket of 23 emerging market currencies, boasting one the strongest performances this year.
The currency that has appreciated the most against the US dollar this year is the colombian peso, with a variation of 15.94%. On the other hand, the worst has been the argentine peso, which has lost -97.59% of its value.
Latin American currencies have performed as follows in 2023:
- Colombian peso (COP) has appreciated by 15.94%
- Peruvian peso (PEN) has appreciated by 0.55%
- Mexican peso (MXN) has appreciated by 10.83%
- Chilean peso (CLP) has depreciated by 4.82%
- Argentine peso (ARS) has depreciated by 97.59%
In other news, the Ibovespa rose 0.72% on Friday 29th, reaching 115,730.76 points.
The best performing Ibovespa stocks were:
- Grupo Casas Bahia SA (BHIA3) rose 6.78%
- IRB-Brasil Resseguros SA (IRBR3) rose 5.36%
- Hapvida Participacoes e Investimentos S/A (HAPV3) rose 5.15%
And the worst were:
- BB Seguridade Participacoes SA (BBSE3) fell 1.55%
- CPFL Energia SA (CPFE3) fell 1.61%
- Natura & Co Holding SA (NTCO3) fell 2.22%
- Content created with the help of automated data from Bloomberg.