The US dollar strengthened against the Brazilian real on Thursday, October 5, at 05:58 pm (Brasilia time). The American currency ended at R$ 5.17, com appreciating by 0.18% throughout the day.
The dollar reached a high of R$ 5.19 and a low of R$ 5.15 this Thursday.
This year, the dollar has depreciated by 2.25% against the Brazilian real. The highest exchange rate was registered on January 3, when the dollar reached R$ 5.46. The lowest was R$ 4.73 on July 31. The average exchange rate during this period was R$ 5.01.
The real’s performance this year has been stronger than the average of the main currencies in emerging countries. The currency with the best performance this year has been the colombian peso, which has variation by 10.31% against the greenback. On the other hand, the worst performing currency has been the argentine peso, which has variation -97.61% of its value against the dollar.
In the stock market, the best-performing Ibovespa stocks during today’s trading session were:
- CVC Brasil Operadora e Agencia de Viagens SA (CVCB3) up 3.50%
- Banco Santander Brasil SA (SANB11) up 2.38%
- TIM SA/Brazil (TIMS3) up 1.74%
And the worst-performing stocks were:
- Grupo Casas Bahia SA (BHIA3) down 3.45%
- MRV Engenharia e Participacoes SA (MRVE3) down 3.61%
- Magazine Luiza SA (MGLU3) down 4.23%
- Content created with the help of automated data from Bloomberg.