How much is $1 US in Brazil?
The US dollar could be exchanged for R$ 5.17 at 09:14 am (Brasilia time), or 0.012% less than yesterday.
The greenback had closed yesterday at R$ 5.17, depreciating by 0.18%. Its highest value yesterday was R$ 5.19, and its lowest was R$ 5.15.
Is Brazil a cheap country to visit?
The Brazilian real has appreciated 2.11% against the dollar in the year to date. The highest value was recorded on January 3 when the dollar reached R$ 5.46. The lowest was R$ 4.73 on July 31. The average exchange rate during this period was R$ 5.01.
The Brazilian currency ranks 3 in a basket of 23 emerging market currencies, boasting one the strongest performances this year.
The currency that has appreciated the most against the US dollar this year is the colombian peso, with a variation of 10.31%. On the other hand, the worst has been the argentine peso, which has lost -97.61% of its value.
Latin American currencies have performed as follows in 2023:
- Colombian peso (COP) has appreciated by 10.31%
- Peruvian peso (PEN) has depreciated by 0.40%
- Mexican peso (MXN) has appreciated by 6.38%
- Chilean peso (CLP) has depreciated by 7.22%
- Argentine peso (ARS) has depreciated by 97.61%
In other news, the Ibovespa fell 0.28% Yesterday, reaching 113,607.45 points.
The best performing Ibovespa stocks were:
- Banco Santander Brasil SA (SANB11) rose 2.38%
- TIM SA/Brazil (TIMS3) rose 1.74%
- Itau Unibanco Holding SA (ITUB4) rose 1.58%
And the worst were:
- Grupo Casas Bahia SA (BHIA3) fell 3.45%
- MRV Engenharia e Participacoes SA (MRVE3) fell 3.61%
- Magazine Luiza SA (MGLU3) fell 4.23%
- Content created with the help of automated data from Bloomberg.